UTC and local time

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Sun Aug 25 11:11:29 EDT 2002

If memory serves me correctly and at times it does not, but that's
another story for another day; there is I believe a file you edit to
show local time.
This actually would be in the case where your machine is setup for UTC
and you edit some file so that if if your time zone is Eastern and
someone from the West coast logs in, they see their actual local time
not the Easter time.
Isn't that correct?
Is there a howto on this subject? Don't recall seeing one, but might be
kinda fun to setup. Actually would be something to setup the login so
that it displays both the local and universal times.
Surely that would be possible.

Scott