uct VS. local time in slackware

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Aug 25 03:52:16 EDT 2002

Hi all.

When I originally set up the machine which is now my server, it was a dual boot system. During slackware setup, one of the questions was if the clock is set to ut or local time. Obviously, I selected local time.

However, since this is now a gnu/linux only machine, I'd like to switch to gmt. What would have slackware configured differently if I told it that my hardware clock was set to ut?

More simply put, what else do I need to change besides my kernel config so that the system would know that the hardware clock is set to the universal time? Thanks in advance.
Greg