hdparm

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Aug 25 01:53:27 EDT 2002

I find enabling dma for my cdwriter helps a lot;
hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
note you run hdparm on the block device that would be used if the drive was not in emulation mode
so if thedrive was secondary slave it would be /dev/hdd
I found that unless dma was enabled on my liteon writer
I could not burn at 32x without using burnproof.
With dma enabled buffer fill ration was at 87%.
This was on an amd Duron 750 with 768 megs of ram and udma66
capable controlers.