Extracting cd tracks

Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 4 3 2 3 1 1) paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Sat Aug 24 02:14:07 EDT 2002

Hi all.  For the first time now that I finally have a burner, I've been
reading the helpscreen for cdda2wav and am trying to figure out how to get
certain tracks in a file.  I'm obviously missing something as always.
I've been doing like
cdda2wav followed by space then a dash lowercase t then plus sign followed
by tracknumbers followed by numbers separated by pluses

I've sometimes ended up with either track 1 alone in a file, or maybe if
I've wanted say, tracks 3 thru 10, I'll only end up with the first 2.
Sometimes I've seen a filename of audio dot wav, or a filename like plus 1
plus 2 dot wav.

In any case, can I get the proper sequence??  Should there also be a way
to just specify any particular single track if you only want 1, other than
track 1??

Or, is there something more feasible that you're all using other than
cdda2wav?

And finally, for playback, any other recommendations besides cdplayer??
The only keys I get to work with it are arrows to move to different
tracks, and a down arrow which does stop it but always opens the drive.
Nothing on the numpad works, since they are speakup keys.  I've even
pushed numlock with no luck.  Oh well.  That's it for now.  Thanks as
always.