moving or copying speakup-JFW.map

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Aug 20 16:05:18 EDT 2002

A much better way in Red Hat Linux is to rename the file to
"speakup-jfw.kmap".  Then, compress it by using "gzip -9
speakup-jfw.kmap".
Now, move speakup-jfw.kmap to /lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty.  Next, edit
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard to reflect the new keymap KEYTABLE="speakup-jfw".
Nothing need be done to rc.local.
--
          Bill in Denver