Install Debian Woody on Gateway Solo 1200 Laptop

Erik Heil eheil at rcn.com
Tue Aug 20 08:41:04 EDT 2002

Hi everyone. I have a spare Gateway Solo 1200 machine here, and I was wondering if anyone of you have experienced any problems installing Debian on such machines.  This model does not have a serial port, although it does have a PCI slot as well as two USB adapters.   For those of you who are not aware of what the model contains, I'll give you a little info here, which may help.  The machine uses an S3 chipset, as well as AcLink audio and modem components.  Basically I believe that it may be a WinModem, but I'm not exactly sure.  The HD is 10GB, and it has an integrated 10/100 Ethernet Adapter.  Of course it has a CD-rom drive, and the BIOS supports bootable CD's.  I'm sorry I   couldn't be more helpful on this, but that should be a good start.  If you need any more information, I'm sure I could find more answers.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Erik
<eheil at rcn.com>