Better speaking while in lynx

Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 4 3 2 3 1 1) paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Mon Aug 19 00:37:24 EDT 2002

Hi all.  Af eons years of shelling and using lynx, I'm curious to know if
there is a better way to have linkx spoken in lynx, when they go across.
I seem to hear them ok when they're in a single column, but when going
across I'll generally hear 3 at a time, and have to remember to count in
my head which one I might be on.  I've actually seen some better
functionality using braille in this case, but until I puzzle out brltty at
home, I'll be stuck with speech only.

While in speech, I do seem to show the cursor when viewing vertical links,
but again, if you go across in a row, I don't think I've ever seen a
cursor showing with the current line key land on anything in that row
without hearing all 3.  Thanks.