mplayer

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sat Aug 17 14:31:32 EDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> Well, got it to work at least with the one url; haven't tried others. but I'm
> not sure I'd advise using the debian installer. for one thing, it appeared to
> try to install alsa on me which I didn't want, and I'm not at all sure the
> installer was doing all that needed to be done as I couldn't play anything when
> I used it to install mplayer.
> I stil will probably have to look over the packages and reinstall; for one
> thing, the ./configure for the main mplayer package said there wasn't support
> for oggvorbis which I do have but maybe the path in debian is different or
> something. At any rate, I'm getting further by just installing the individual
> packages than I did by using the installer.

Hmmm, can you tell me what configure options you used?  I can't get .asx
streams to work, it keeps moaning that the file is not an url, which is of
course rubbish because it's fed directly to it, and I even used mailcap
files in Lynx.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808