mplayer

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Wed Aug 14 11:01:46 EDT 2002

Well, got it to work at least with the one url; haven't tried others. but I'm
not sure I'd advise using the debian installer. for one thing, it appeared to
try to install alsa on me which I didn't want, and I'm not at all sure the
installer was doing all that needed to be done as I couldn't play anything when
I used it to install mplayer.
I stil will probably have to look over the packages and reinstall; for one
thing, the ./configure for the main mplayer package said there wasn't support
for oggvorbis which I do have but maybe the path in debian is different or
something. At any rate, I'm getting further by just installing the individual
packages than I did by using the installer.

Cheryl