InSTALLING RedHat from CD

Edward L. Barnes ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net
Fri Aug 16 20:23:12 EDT 2002

Hi, sorry for brevity but the answer to your question is no, if your pc
supports it along with your cd-rom and or cdrw (why not boot from the rh
7.2 or 7.3 speakup modified media. Of course, if you have a cd-rom and
or cdrw that is bootable but your system won't boot from the media you
inserted you'll have to go into the cmos setup utility and re-set the
boot sequence.
And, btw, the installation prcedure if installing from any cd media,
whether that media is speakup modified supplied compliments of Bill and
Janina, or the geniric unmodified stuff from RH themselves is
well-documented in the hot to install document available on speakup's
web site so you might find it helpful to read the relevant sections
which apply to the questions you asked below or to read it in full.
It's kept up to date, well-written, and pretty concise imho as someone
who's read it several times and I'd recommend everyone read it once or
more if needed before doing their first speakup modified rh 7.x install,
I know it's been my experience that the doc is a helpful one.
Hth and good luck.