Which Linux (again, I suspect)

'Georgina' gena at gena-j.net
Wed Aug 14 15:53:13 EDT 2002

Hi

Hopefully, someone will be able to comment regarding boot managers as
I've never seen NT's or 2000's boot loaders.

I'm still not too clear about the use of the machine other than a
gateway.  Is the training for Unix structure?  Developement?  Word
Processing internet navigation?  It is the type of applications that
swing the arguement of the appropriate distribution.  Are the users of
this machine visually impaired?

Perhaps Redhat will provided an adiquate work station.  But as a user of
Debian I'm biased towards that distribution.  Slackware is a good all
round distribution too.  All of these will meet your needs, I guess, you
need to read documentation and see which one offers documentation that
you can follow.

Of course, if you want talking distributions then visit Speakup's site.
I've sent you my number so give me a ring if necessary.

On the subject of images, as you know iso9660 is a CD Rom format.
Usually to burn a CD you can download a file with an 'iso' extention but
I don't know about 'isa' extentions.  As you didn't offer an url I
couldn't check it out.

Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org