Downloading an url from pine.

Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 4 3 2 3 1 1) paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Tue Aug 13 13:36:42 EDT 2002

Hi all.  Say you're reading a msg and pine lands you on a url.  Instead of
viewing it, you wanna download the url.  Like if someone points you to
something that will bring up realplayer directly and you wanna save it to
a dot ram file.  Normally, I would do this from lynx with a d download,
but, say if the site isn't up and can't connect, and you have to come back
later, if you've done this from within a message, you are returned to
pine.  So, especially if this is a long url, and you get to the point in
pine where it says, view selected url?  You ;normally hit enter and go
there, but I'd like to grab it to a file at this moment.
If you do an uppercase letter A for edit app, I see the viewer command
but, I believe, the url is cleared out.  Is there a way to retain the url,
since that's what you want to act upon?  And, if you go this route, what
would you then add to all that to download the url??  Thanks.  Hope that
made semse.