More ppp stuff.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Mon Aug 5 19:43:46 EDT 2002

Hi, Anna,

     You likely succeeded in making a PPP connection.  Your system prompt
is exactly what you're supposed to get.  If you want the prompt on
Drizzle, you can use ssh to get there.  This might be a comfortable way to
use the net for a little while, but you can use your system as if it
were the shell account on Drizzle.  All the tools that you used there are
available to you on your own system.  You can, for example, use fetchmail
to bring down your mail and process it with pine on your local system.
Eventually, you might want to copy your entire home directory from your
provider to your home directory on your local system, and possibly never
log into your shell account again.

     If you have any questions, call or write.  Calling will probably get
a quicker response.

          HTH.
--
          Bill in Denver