dhcpd configuration question

Edward L. Barnes ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net
Mon Aug 5 10:08:05 EDT 2002

Hi there Janina.
First, do let the list or at least me (write to me direct if you'd like)
know how you do with the ip masquerading stuff you wrote in about last
week, I've been following that thread with alot of interest.
In regard to your other question about having dhcpd start only on the
single interface you want it to send and receive on, for example, I
believe that the following bit of info is what you're looking for.
Of course, if it doesn't work, let me know.
You need to edit a file which influences dhcpd's behaviour.
That file is:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd
Down under where it says starting daemons there'll be a line which will
read something like:
daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd $args
Replace that line with something like the following, of course, replace
the interface eth1 with something else if needed.
daemon /usr/sbin/dhcpd eth1
Then, of course, do service dhcpd restart to restart the daemon though
you're a more experienced Linux user than I am so you undoubtedly
already know that part.
Hth and good luck!

Ed Barnes
Harbour Grace, Newfoundland, Canada
home phone +1-709-596-3165
e-mail and msn messenger id ebarnes at enigma2.cjb.net
********
"There is a fantasy in Redmond that Microsoft products are innovative, but
this is based entirely on a peculiar confusion of the words 'innovative'
and 'successful.' Microsoft products are successful -- they make a lot of
money -- but that doesn't make them innovative, or even particularly
good." -ROBERT X. CRINGELY
********