[joerg at freedb.org: [fdb-announce] freedb.org needs your help]1

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Thu Aug 1 05:52:44 EDT 2002

This might suit some people
----- Forwarded message from Joerg Hevers <joerg at freedb.org> -----

From: Joerg Hevers <joerg at freedb.org>
To: fdb-announce at freedb.org
Subject: [fdb-announce] freedb.org needs your help

Hello fdb-announce list-members,

As the needed amount of support for developers, users, mirrors and the
system itself increases with the continuing popularity of freedb,
we cannot keep up the level of support with a team of three people,
where two just changed their employers (which obviously takes some
time) and one with exams in sight (which takes even more time). To
be honest, right now, freedb.org is run by one single person and we
want to change this. Due to these real life duties, we're desperately
seeking a couple of people who are interested in becoming part of
the freedb-team in order to help us out.

What we offer:
- Work with a system that is well respected in the community.
- Get in touch with a lot of application developers and see the next
  generation features before anyone else.
- A really cool @freedb.org email address ;)

Where you can help:
- You should be able to help our mirrors technically and/or administrate
  our master server, which means that you have a reasonable amount of
  experience with unix and/or the cddbp server software.
- Help endusers by answering their questions in our forum and via
  email. Yes, this means first level support.
- Improve the freedb website and keep it up-to-date.
- Test freedb aware applications for proper freedb-support and help
  application developers debug their freedb connectivity on the server
  side.
- Help with the server software development and coordinate the
  developers that contribute to the freedb server software.
- Help companies in their decision to use freedb.org.
- English is a must, other languages a plus.

Of course, you are not expected to be experienced/interested in all
fields mentioned above, two or more would be nice.

If you think that spending some time on this project sounds cool to you,
we would like to receive an email from you at info at freedb.org.