ftp and shell access

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sun Apr 28 02:06:51 EDT 2002

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Deedra Waters wrote:

> That worked. I  was hoping for something  that wouldn't let them log in at
> all, but if this does the same thing then I won't complain.:p Thank you

If you don't want anyone else to have shell access, you could always shut
down the telnet daemon.  If not, then maybe you can use hosts.deny and
hosts.allow if you know the ip addresses of those you want to either allow
or deny shell access.

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808