Playing DVDs in linux console. (mplayer installation)

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat Apr 27 14:03:29 EDT 2002

Johan -

Your guidelines for installing and configuring mplayer that you
posted in March were extremely helpful.

I got the files yesterday and believe that I have done everything
okay. I found a    downloadable .swf file and found that mplayer
played it fine.

However - my computer has no DVD drive, and I have only a 56K
modem dialup connection. I wonder if there are any sources I can
tap with such limitations.

I looked through the documentation files and man pages for
information about mime types for movie streams but could not find
any. Can you suggest what mime types and filename suffixes ought
to be added to the .mimetypes file?

Thanks - Chuck

--
Visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)