[Newchix] Microsoft Pushing products? maybe more towards Linux? (fwd)

Ameer Armaly Ameer_Armaly at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 15:58:30 EDT 2002

They took that message out.  no blue screens either.  Also, not everyone has
the time to read compulation manuals, in my case because of about two or
three projects that are going on (I'm not exactly thrilled), but I think
linux has it's pro's and con's, just like windows.  No os is perfect, and I
rarely get any errors on my laptop which runs windows xp. But I do like
complicated installs and command lines, so this summer I'm going to compile
colonels just for the fun of experiencing an installation that is actually
more than "just hit enter to install the entire program and we won't ask you
questions...".  I know that that is sometimes cool, but I'm just of the kind
that likes complicated installs.  Did any of you install JFW 1.x and 2.x
from dos?  I loved it when we had to do that.  AZmem, synthesizer drivers,
authorization keys, etc.  Anyway, the point is that windows does have some
Con's in that you have to buy a lot.  My parents were so shocked that a
computer could talk, so they baught jaws right off.  But now, it's normal.
Since I have my dectalk express, I'm going to put linux on my laptop, and
I'll have a duel-boot system.