[Newchix] Microsoft Pushing products? maybe more towards Linux? (fwd)

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Apr 23 15:47:09 EDT 2002

This is very interesting.  I think that If a GUI That is as easy, if not
easier, to use than windows, This would be very atractive to Schools.  Also
the adaptive technology for linux is mostly free.  This is good because lets
say I was taking a highschool class in HTML.  On a windows box, A screen
reader is $500+.  The school would have to buy it and pay for it and any
upgrades.  On linux, a simple kernel recompilation and bingo! Talking
computer usable by a blind student.  And lets face it, there's no "This
Program Has performed an elegal operation and will shut down" message in
linux. Oh, I wonder If microsoft has copyrighted that message.