cut and paste still doesn't work?

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 24 18:58:50 EDT 2002

Yes, but that keymap script could be overriding the keymap you compiled
into the kernel.  I'd do a "chmod -x" on it and reboot to see what
happens.  Both Debian and Redhat have given me fits with this.  I had a
normal Redhat distro with Speakup patched in and even when I disabled
keytables, it still loaded a keymap that completely overwrote my Speakup
one.  With Debian, it loaded a keymap from 0.10 over the compiled in one
even in the Speakup modified one.  With Slackware, it doesn't load a
keymap unless you tell it to.  That's what I like about Slackware that
others hate.  It gives you a shell and says "have fun!"  I prefer this
because I can tune things just how I like.  I've got a fast-booting
Slackware system that makes even other Linux users surprised.  Oh well,
enough on distributions.  Hope you're able to figure it out as that copy
and paste is the best thing to ever be added to Speakup!  As a side note,
Jaws for Windows had this feature in 3.0, but they foolishly removed it in
later versions!  I sure miss it as you could cut and paste error messages
that even sighted people couldn't.  Hooray for Speakup!