cd audio playback

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Wed Apr 24 18:06:01 EDT 2002

Hi all. Don't remember if we talked about this before, but here goes. I
just dug up this little prog that is a Cd player that pretty much runs in
the background, which is nice. It doesn't tie up the tty. One little
problem though. My Cd audio only outputs out one channel and everything
else wav, mp3, outputs out both channels? I'm pretty sure this has to do
with my mixer settings, but by default I'm pretty sure amixer will unmute
both Cd channels. I'm attaching the program here. Can someone play around
with it and let me know either privately or on-list whether or not they
experience the same problem? I'm going to look in the man page for amixer
to see if I can find out how to unmute the right channel. Thanks in
advance! I'm running alsa 0.9.0beta12 finally got it working!