alsa

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Mon Apr 22 10:03:38 EDT 2002

Hi Cheryl,
I know you are Debian, but in Redhat there is a script
/etc/init.d/alsasound.  It takes care of things like alsactl restore.
All I need to do are the following three commands:
service alsasound start
service alsasound stop
service alsasound restart
As you would expect, 'service alsasound start' is taken care of during
initialization.  I would imagine that Debian had the service mechanism
since it is very standard UNIX, but I don't know.

     Jim Wantz