alsa mixer seting totally ridiculous!!! just have to vent before i take a break and try again!

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Apr 21 10:53:07 EDT 2002

Hi Kerry and all!
I don't doubt that it is within the realm of possibility to get the sblive
running properly for the reflector, because I know others are doing it; I just
doubt whether I'll maintain my sanity long enough to get it to happen!
Seriously, thanks for the tips; I understand about AC97 but i don't understand
about second mike support. Do I have that?
I've been trying to follow Kirk's amixer.out but sometimes I get the complaint
that it can't find a control even after I type it painstakingly.
I don't have an asound.conf though I did before when I had alsa. I do have an
asound.state, but even if you edit manually you have to figure out what to edit.
Will keep working on it.