Newbie Installing Redhat

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Sat Apr 20 18:38:38 EDT 2002

I can't solve your problem but maybe I can answer your question:

If you decide to buy the CDs then go ahead and do so. Then you should be
able to use the speech-enabled bootdisk from your faulty CD to boot the new
CD. Therefore you'll get speech from the bootdisk, but will use the new CDs
which haven't been modified for Speakup. Then afterwards, you could probably
get an RPM of a Speakup kernel and install a talking kernel. And until you
get the talking kernel you can also boot from the disk and mount the root
partition from the newly installed system.

As a newbie this may all sound quite complicated so please don't hesitate to
email me: ss at saqibshaikh.com