alsa mixer seting totally ridiculous!!! just have to vent before i take a break and try again!

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sat Apr 20 17:29:42 EDT 2002

Sorry, amixer doesn't really help a whole lot.
You still have zillions of settings to try to change, and i had a few that
wouldn't change as I thought they should even after I made sure I had every
little capital space and apostrophe correct. In some ways, alsamixer is easier
because you don't have to do all that exact typing and figuring out how to word
each setting.
I know some of you guys are so attached to alsa you'll fight over it, but it is
_not_ user friendly, in my oppinion.
Crud, I can compile a kernel or re-install debian linux in full easier than i
can get alsa to behave!!!