alsa

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sat Apr 20 10:20:43 EDT 2002

Hi igor and all.
Make sure the name you are using to load your module is the same one given in
the INSTALL file of the drivers source, not what you se in /lib/modules.
since I have debian, we aren't really supposed to edit modules.conf. Instead I
put an alsa file in /etc/modutils with aliases that gets read and updates
modules.conf. It depends on your distro.
In fact, it's niggling at the back of my mind that I need something else in
/etc/modutils, something about path or alsapath, though things seem to be
Anyway, I repeat, don't try to load modules as they appear in /lib/modules; for
instance, if I wanted to load my sblive manually, I would do
modprobe snd-emu10k1