file encryption options under GNU/Linux

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Wed Apr 17 01:24:47 EDT 2002

Keep in mind that pgp is not free and that there is a
free alternative called gnupg which can also integrate with pine.
gnupg supports all the openpgp standards and withan optional module the
old idea style keys.
Debian users can simply apt-get install gnupg and get add-ons for pine.
Mutt supports gnupg out of the box.

Regards, Kerry.