Tried to download a book at bookshare.org

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Sun Apr 14 19:33:11 EDT 2002

Hi Peter and lists!
In reality, Peter, your statement may be technically correct as to HTTP-Refer; I
don't know. I do know that what you are talking about is referred to in the
lynx.cfg as two options:
NO_REFErER_HEADER:FALSE

NO_FILE_REFERER:TRUE

I am at this point trying to clarify what the settings should be in order to
make your site work, and then I will test them. However, many users of lynx
would not have figured this out from the information you gave; I only found out
because I have friends on email lists who will tell me things I don't know.
I will let you know whether this works once i have determined the correct
settings, but I suggest that you use the lines i have just given you if you want
to tell someboy what lines to look for in the lynx.cfg.
by this way, we still have the issue of whether the "packing tool" is necessary
for downloading copyrighted books, and whether lynx/linux users can use this if
it is necessary.