more files in goodies

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Thu Apr 11 15:45:13 EDT 2002

My program is called "clips" and relies on mime.types and mailcap
to decide what players to use for what formats. It creates a list
of all the playable files in a specified directory and then plays
them in the way you request. The parameter "all" plays them in
alphabetical order by filename, "any" picks just one of them to
play at random, "mix" plays the list randomly without replacement
(so each selection gets played just once), and without any
parameter it just plays items randomly until the power fails or
the cows come home, whichever happens first!

My program is written in C++ and does not have any keyboard
controls. Everything is specified on the command line. The format
is:

$ clips <directoryname> [parameter]

Chuck