Couple of Old Questions

Keith Heltsley keithh432 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 14:48:53 EDT 2002

Sorry to post such lame questions but I will be leaving town this weekend
and am
busily trying to unsub from lists, pack an a host of other things.  Here
goes, and please reply off list to:
keithh432 at yahoo.com
I'll be checking that email until Saturday evening.

I know there is a way to convert MSWord documents to plain text, what was
that program? If it is on the Gooddies CD, Janina, give me some tips on
installing/using it. I'll need it.

I think I may now have a working modem installed, can someone explain the
use of eznet to set up a PPP connection? Is there a better, or more
documented way? There aren't any man pages on eznet, at least not that I
found.

Is there a good howto on possibly doing some resource sharing? I have a null
modem cable, how might I use to swap info between computers? I'm thinking
that I may be able to crunch Word documents on a windows box and do a serial
transfer to my RedHat box.
I might consider making into a dual boot system but wouldn't that mean
wiping RedHat, loading Win98 then putting RH back on a separate partition?
Doable, but sounds like a lot of work.

Well, gotta go and take care of some other lose ends.
from
Keith
H.keithh432 at yahoo.com