WV installed, I think

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Apr 11 10:45:00 EDT 2002

All of this sounds correct. The make on this application truly is a long, drawn out thing. make is usually the slowest, and make install is usually
fast.

You're not seeing anything yet because the indexes are rebuilt overnight. Do this:

ls /usr/local/bin/wv* and pay attention to the capital letters in the results. The one you'll use most often is:

wvHtml

like this:

wvHtml myfile.doc myfile.html

Then you open myfile.html in lynx. Sometimes, often in fact, it will choke on graphics, and you'll need to stop it with a control-C, but almost always
you'll get all of the text in the html file.