faxing

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Mon Apr 8 11:59:25 EDT 2002

Hi everybody!
I had this nice program in dOS I used for facing--ecofax. A few weeks ago, I
took out my fax modem and gave it to friends for whom I was setting up a linux
computer, since I have cable modem now. The other day I was thinking about
making a fax file and sending it in to order groceries rather tan doing it over
the phone when I suddenly realized I no longer have a fax modem!
I also do know there are fax programs available in linux, thogh I have no
experience with any.
Do I have to reinstall a fax modem and have a ppp connection again to fax with a
linux program (or with ecofax for that matter but that's way off topic!) or do I
need to buy a fax machine or is there a way to do it with a cable modem
connection and fax software.
TIA.