multi tasking

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Thu Apr 4 13:15:45 EST 2002

Hi Keith,
Yes, GPM has a system wide clipboard like that, but I do not know
of another way to do that sort of thing on text consoles without
either speakup or GPM and a mouse. Someone pointed out that emacs
has its own clipboard, and since you can have several
applications open in their own emacs windows, you could do that
in an emacs environment.

If I can anticipate the need to copy something from the screen I
can redirect a program's output to a file and then isolate the
desired stuff in the file, or else run the 'script' program,
which also captures keyboard/screen text to a log file.

I agree though, the cut and paste feature of speakup is a real
winner.

Chuck