backups on cd

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Wed Apr 3 22:43:54 EST 2002

I do a backup of certain files on to 2 cdrws. Each cdrw has a tar.bz2 archive on it. Whenever I freshen my backups (usually once a week), I simply copy the archives to the hd, uncompress them, do whatever needs to be done, recompress them, and create a cd image with the modified archives, that I burn to the cdrws. Hth.
Greg