jobs

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Tue Apr 2 17:05:44 EST 2002

Hi all. Just as an experiment, I attempted to put Lynx in the background
and Freeamp was streaming a radio station that I just happened to be
listening to. I suspended the job and put job 1 in the background, because
I had no other jobs running. It ran fine and I was sitting at the bash
prompt, however when I typed a command, the job got killed. Does anyone
know why this happens? I think that it is very interesting, considering
that a cp and/or erasing job on a Cd for example would run fine after
being suspended and switched to a background process. Could this have to
do that Lynx can't run in the background if it is running an imbedded
application such as Freeamp? Thanks in advance for any info regarding
this!