pci usb synths

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Tue Apr 2 15:14:17 EST 2002

Hi Randy. Speakup doesn't need to use usb ports as far as I know, because
what you're esentially doing is putting a serial port in where a usb port
used to be. You're probably right in some extent here, because I'm not
sure whether even with a usb2serial converter Speakup would still use the
usb interface in some way. Can someone please enlighten either me or Randy
on this, because I am interested in this subject also, since I want to put
Debian on my laptop, and my serial port is a female port. And my dectalk
requires a male port, since my cable for the dectalk is a female
connector.