pci usb synths

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Mon Apr 1 22:24:21 EST 2002

Well, the only way to find that out is to boot with the converter plugged in, and see what the kernel assigns it as. It doesn't matter what usb port it is plugged into, it just matters if it is the first one or not. Usb to serial converters are reffered to as /dev/ttyUSB0 and so on. For devfs, I believe the designations are /dev/usb/ttyS0 and so on, but I'm not sure about the devfs naming I just gave.
Greg