partition magic

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Apr 1 10:04:26 EST 2002

PM will take care of the tech ical details relating to blocks, sectors,
cylinders, etc. Ext2 is a linux file system type, and an excellent choice.
One partition is probably not the best way to go. You should read a little
about partitioning. There are pointers in the attached HOWTO file.

Assuming your existing disk is fully formatted, PM will indeed need to
"shave off" some amount of space in order to create partitions for a linux
installation. There are other options, but they aren't ones that people
adopt for more than a test run.