partition magic

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Mon Apr 1 05:09:46 EST 2002

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Jared wrote:

> Its a hidden system file that resides in the boot record I think. You have
> to use a special program to copy the hjauth disks ad well something about
> spicific corrupted sectors.

a fake. the jfw.cps file resides in a directory of the same name on yur c
drive.
yes the authorisation disks have hard errors on them that's so as to
prevent people like me copying them. >evil grin>.
to remove your jfw authorisation key, do the following.
1. place the authorisation disk in the floppy drive.
2. hit the right windows in conuunction with the letter r of press
ctrl+esc and r for run
and this sill bring up the run dialog.
type in the following path and file name. "a:\hjauth.exe" minus the
quotes.
once that hjauth window comes up tab to the group of radio buttons and
check the button that says remove token from hard drive and tab over to
execute and press the space bar on it.
bingo you're all done.
now do any disk maintainance you need to do tna then reinstall it using
that utility.
if you don't you'll fuck the whole thing up and depending on how many keys
you have left, you may end up having to ring freedom scientific for a
reset string.
hth