trouble with CVS and a request for votes

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Fri Sep 28 19:33:31 EDT 2001

Just a quick note...the distinction that Chuck notes between cursor
tracking and speaking what's under the cursor is a very important
distinction indeed. Speakup's cursor tracking has been very good for a
very long time now, but as for speaking what the cursor moves over
automagically, that's another thing entirely. From what Kirk has said
about it, it's a much knottier problem than it might at first appear
to be, and the solution isn't easy (obviously).

At first, I didn't think much about the version number thing...after
all, who cares so long as itt works? But as I read the debate, I think
I must cast my vote, as well, for 1.0.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | From the pines down to the projects,
Email: davros at ycardz.com | Life pushes up through the cracks.