trouble with CVS and a request for votes

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Sep 28 10:45:45 EDT 2001

I vote for this. Kirk, I want to strongly recommend it's time to go 1.0
with speakup. After all, 1.0 is not a goal which crowns a life's
achievment. It's just a major milestone. I think we're very much at that
point now. My best evidence is the recent beginnings of inclusion from
Cox, and the way that will likely change our world.

So, let's 1.0 and begin working toward 2.0.

 On Thu, 27 Sep 2001,
Adam Myrow wrote:

> Given that many DOS screen readers don't automatically read where you are
> in every application, I have to say let's call Speakup version 1.0.  It's
> got a lot of features that make it a good choice, not the least of which
> is that it comes up talking from the beginning.  Many people give more
> respect to a 1.0 or 2.0 product than a 0.10A product.  That's my vote.
> Oh, I got Brltty and Speakup working together.  They make a good, pair.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp