trouble with CVS and a request for votes

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Sep 27 19:36:00 EDT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Therefore, the tracking problem still remains.

Umm, I may be wrong, but I recall Kirk Reiser saying there isn't a
tracking problem. There is a problem with automatically speaking what is
tracked. He also indicated that fixing such was quite low on the priority
list.

When you say fully functional, I consider can you do everything you need
to? From one who doesn't use it every day the answer seems yes. Given that
many people use Speakup exclusively, and many more use it primarily I have
to believe it is functional.

Upon further reflection of what Kirk has said about tracking, I think
that "fixing" it would be a major marker that in itself might be worthy of
a marker. Consider that Kirk's original intent was to make it 1.0 when the
synth part was modularized. Given that this is way before work on
tracking, all the more reason to go for it now.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush