trouble with CVS and a request for votes

mo.valli at bt.com mo.valli at bt.com
Thu Sep 27 03:56:32 EDT 2001

Hi,

Most definitely 1.0 as I believe that the maturity level of the package
together with clear and concise documentation is beyond what normally one
expects from a 1.0 release. In my experience, almost all windows based
screen readers at the stage of release 1.0 were basically unworkable, that
is frequently, the system would halt and would require hard reset.

I have only recently started with Linux and had to come over many
difficulties. However, speakup is definitely one of the very few packages
which was hassle free.

I would like to thank Kirk and others for their dedication on this project
and providing the blind world with a "free to use" screen reading
application for the Linux platform, which is in many ways far superior to
the commercial crap on other platforms.

Mo.