[Alan Cox <laughing at shared-source.org>] Linux 2.4.9-ac15

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Sep 24 20:17:56 EDT 2001

Adam Myrow <myrow at eskimo.com> writes:

> Is this saying that Speakup is going to be part of the standard kernel?
> This may be the best thing ever to happen to it!  No more patching!  No
> more CVS!  Just grab the source, and compile.  Better still, once
> distributions start shipping these kernels, they can all make Speakup boot
> disks and kernels.  I hope I understand that correctly.

Well, it isn't as nice as all that just yet.  What this is currently
is the hooks for speakup in console.c and keyboard.c.  There is also a
stub speakup.h included with only enough stuff in it to allow the
kernel to compile without speakup.  None of the other kernel code
patches are included.  This will make our lives very interesting.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061