kernel compile gone wrong.

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Sep 23 07:17:51 EDT 2001

Shaun

Your errors are with incompatible versions of speakup and a kernel I do
believe.  Looks like you tried building current cvs against 2.4.4.  I
don't see any reason why you would want to build 2.4.4 at this point.  I
suggest that you build 2.4.9ac10.  This can be accomplished by getting the
2.4.9 source tarball and the ac10 patch which can be found at
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/linux-2.4/2.4.9/patch-2.4.9-ac10.gz
To patch the ac patch make sure the the 2.4.9 source is in /usr/src/linux
then make a link to this called linux.ac This can be done by 'ln -s linux
linux.ac' from with in the /usr/src dir.  Then from /usr/src do 'patch -p0
<patch-2.4.9-ac10'  Of course this assumes that you already gunziped
it.  Then use the checkout script to apply cvs of speakup.

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com