fetchmail help again please

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Sep 18 07:35:16 EDT 2001

Hi Jim -
My fetchmailrc is very similar to yours. Here is what it looks like:

poll mail.mhonline.net protocol pop3
user chuckh password xxxxxxxx
fetchall

I am not sure what you mean by "sending" mail with fetchmail. At the risk
of stating the obvious, fetchmail does not send mail, ikt fetches mail.

I use pine, which gives me the option of letting my ISP's smart host
handle my outgoing mail directly, or letting my own copy of sendmail
handle it. Fetchmail is not involved in my outgoing mail at all, unless I
totally misunderstand things.

Chuck

Visit me at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759.