a few things

Deedra Waters dmwaters at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 12:46:25 EDT 2001

     Well, after a couple of days of fighting with my computer I finally
got to install the cvs updates for speakup. I got a crash course in
recompiling my kernel but did fine there. Hear's something I noticed
though and not sure if there is another way around this... When I was
recompiling the kernel in the menus it appears tha speakup seems to have
trouble tracking things like when I'd up and down arrow between items I
could never  really be sure what item I had selected or not...
     This has suddenly become a problem in the sense that I recompiled the
kerneljust fine with no errors, but apparrently didn't select the right
speech synthisizer. I'm not really sure how to get around that/fix it,
I've got someone who's been teaching me... But am mor curious as to wether
there is a better way to work with speakup in menues like that... If
anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.