Another new-comer.

Gordon Smith gordon at tft-bbs.co.uk
Sat Sep 15 04:10:50 EDT 2001

At 19:03 14/09/01 -0400, Thomas D. Ward said:
>Couple of options here. You can repartition your hard drive for space for a
>couple of Linux's such as Slackware 8, and Suse, and use Lilo to switch
>them.
>Another and most practical suggestion is to install the Suse version of the
>kernel source, patch it with Speakup, and rebuild.
>Suse Braille support is pretty cool, and I almost thought about going with
>it, but I don't as of yet have a Braille Display.
The suggestion of patching the SuSE kernel with Speakup appeals to me, and
I have considered it.  However, I am finding that, because I don't know my
way around the operating system yet, I am not sure how to proceed.  I've
read the installation document for Speakup on the site, but as the
documentation states, it is assumed that you have some kernel building
experience, which I do not.

Kind regards, Gordon Smith.

"mailto:Gordon Smith <gordon at tft-bbs.co.uk"
"mailto:Gordon Smith <07932634539 at one2one.net"