SLAKWARE8 ON LAPTOPS

Thomas D. Ward tward at bright.net
Fri Sep 14 12:25:16 EDT 2001

You may want to think about updating to the 2.4.5 kernel that comes with
Slackware 8. I've noticed a similar bug with 2.2.19.
I've got ppp module support in the kernel, and a module in the proper place,
but 2.2.19 keeps telling me ppp can't be found.
Despite when I run modprobe ppp the module does get loaded, and yet the
kernel can't find ppp support.