Some suggestions please.

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Mon Sep 10 22:01:36 EDT 2001

For playing mp3s, try mpg123 already included with slackware.
To encode mp3s, you can use a few different programs.
I use bladeenc, since that was the first one I came across, and
because there was already a slackware package for it.
To do ocr (assuming you have a supported scanner of course), try gocr.
You can find both bladeenc and gocr at
http://freshmeat.net
. Hth.
Greg